Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tuesday

Lots of things going on . . .

LOL--I started with 4 trainees. One went through the training process and 2 interviews, then didn't show up for her first day of work. Another went through one day of training and then didn't show or call for her next. When she turned her PD shirts in, she said that her husband told her to quit and go to college. Ok. A third one quit yesterday due to health problems. The fourth, Chief doesn't feel very hopeful about. They hired another trainee who had her first day yesterday. I'm thinking this girl might work out. She seems genuinely interested, asks lot of good questions and seems to understand what I'm telling her.

I'm thinking God is trying to teach me a number of lessons at once right now. Pride seems to be number one. I struggle tremendously with this one. Giving things to God and not trying to play tug-of-war, is another. Keeping my mouth SHUT is a big one, too. Today, I'm trying to find something positive to say to counter every negative thing I hear. That's an even bigger challenge than keeping my mouth shut, I think. : D

It feels like a Wednesday. Probably because we have church services tonight. We're having a pie supper too! Yumm! I made a Brownie Sundae Pie with a side of Blue Bell's Natural Vanilla Bean ice cream to bring, and I made an extra one for the PD to have today after lunch. LOL--Madeline also has baton twirling on Tuesdays. I told her that she could either go to baton or church. She voted for PIES. I'm thinking I'm glad she picked the right one--even if for the wrong reasons.

I have a prayer request. A very tragic school bus accident took the lives of 3 children yesterday. There are still many of these kids hospitalized as well. Keep these families in your prayers. I can't imagine how they all must be hurting. Life can change in the blink of an eye, so hug your babies and family close today. ((hugs to all!))

Comments:
That accident was so sad. It has always concerned me the way our kids ride in these huge buses with no seat belts.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
 
That's such a shame !! I can only imagine what it's like to lose a child like that.
Deborah
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?