Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Day

Happy Thanksgiving! : )
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots of delicious food and many precious memory-making moments. This is your one and only shot at Thanksgiving 2006--make it the best one EVER!
I'm working the first half of today--6am to noon. John just got home at 5:15am this morning, and I thought maybe if I brought Madeline with me, that it might be just a little quieter for John to sleep. So, she is happily watching Harry Potter and waiting for Officer C to bring us some breakfast from Exxon. Okay, Officer C just said Exxon is open, but their deli is closed. Plan B: sending him to McDonald's . . .
Today, we will go to my Momma's house. Christmas is at either mine, my sister's or my brother's house, but Thanksgiving is always at Momma's. That's her holiday. She makes the turkey and dressing and maybe another dish or two. Then the rest of us bring side dishes and desserts. This year is our smaller year, though. My brother and my sister will be at their in-laws' homes for Thanksgiving. So, it will just be me and my little family and my parents. I made a broccoli casserole, squash casserole, and a Tiramisu Cheesecake. And I'm bringing yeast rolls. This is my first time trying out that Tiramisu Cheesecake. Hope it's good. I'm a little disappointed in my broccoli casserole, though. : ( I tried a recipe out ( I usually just make it without a recipe.), and it only made just a 1 quart bowl! I know we have a smaller crowd this year, but this is broccoli casserole! The one thing that everybody likes. :::sigh::: Well, I'll know better next year . . .
Are any of y'all watching the Macy's Parade? It's a family tradition with us. I was reading an article, though, saying that they may have to ground the inflatables due to high winds. I hope they don't. I love all the aspects of that parade--floats included! But at least they can't ground the marching bands. I love those! : )
Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Make this day yours! : )

Comments:
God will bless your casserole and it will be just enough...maybe even a spoonfull left over!

Have a great one!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?