Monday, October 02, 2006

Prayers Requested

Hello Bloggerville!
I have had a looooong weekend, but not as long as my sister has! I have a prayer request:

Saturday morning at around 2:30am, I got a call that my sister Daisy's husband had a really bad motorcycle accident. John wouldn't let me drive down there by myself, so John, the kids and I all packed up and left for UAB hospital where Brandon was. We're not sure what exactly happened besides the fact that Brandon took someone for a ride on his motorcycle and wrecked on Interstate 65. He has broken ribs, and his scapula (shoulder blade) is broken in several places. He had a deflated lung and blood in his lungs. He also had a lacerated liver. They had to give him a unit of blood. They had some trouble with his blood pressure as well. They would give him morphine for the pain, but his blood pressure would go down, so they would ease up on the morphine, but his pain level would cause his blood pressure to spike. So, they were trying to balance that. His lungs were not working on their own, so he had to be put on a ventilator. We were with Daisy from 4am until about 7:30pm. I finally got to go in with Daisy at 10:30am. He was finally conscious at this time, and rather upset that he couldn't talk. He gestured for a cell phone so he could text, but cell phones weren't allowed. He wanted paper and pencil, but they weren't sanitary enough. It was very strict in there. They allowed only 2 people at a time. Visitation was at 10:30am, 2:30pm, 5:30pm, and 8:30pm--and only 30 minutes of visitation. So, it was rather difficult to arrange it so everyone would get to see Brandon. Daisy was a trooper throughout the day, showing that strong backbone that she's got. And she was so gracious about letting other people who hadn't gotten to see Brandon yet in first--even before herself. I watched her struggle so hard to stay upbeat and positive, when I know she had to be in an absolute panic. And the financial aspect is very stressful as well. Please pray for my sister and really my whole family during this time.

I love all of y'all. : )

Comments:
Susie I am so sorry. What a tough time! I will keep you all in my prayers!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?