Monday, April 03, 2006

Well, I didn't post yesterday. I couldn't. Yesterday, I was a bit stuck in a cloud-filled valley. Today is some better. Still in the valley, but at least it's not so cloudy.

I walked/jogged my 7.5 miles today. Still trying to find a Christ-filled analogy to jogging, but nothing yet. (LOL) That doesn't mean I'm ready to spin yet, Terri. It was such a nice day for jogging. Yesterday was beautiful, too. I jogged 3 miles yesterday. The kids played on the playground with Daddy, and we all got the tiniest bit pink from the beautiful Sunshine. All I could think of while I was jogging was:
God has smiled on me
He has set me free
God has smiled on me
He's been good to me
Amazing grace how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
over and over. There's something about the sunshine that feels like a smile from God, some days, y'know? And it gave me peace over my cloudy valley morning.

Comments:
Jogging: going the extra mile, going against the current, running and not growing weary....oh so many to choose from but the best would be

Jogging is like my spiritual life the reality is that it is hard work and often an effort to accomplish. And the wonderful feeling of peace and accomplishment plus the obvious benefits to my life pale in comparison to the way I feel when I walk in harmony with God.
 
That's great, Donna! Thanks. I don't know why that didn't come to me. LOL.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?