Saturday, March 04, 2006

Saturday, the 4th of March, 2006

Hi
Is it a full moon? I had a much nicer day today. Everything is still rather uncertain, but my supervisor wasn't there today and neither was her husband. So, I didn't feel like I was walking on eggshells. But I got all kinds of weird calls.

The one that takes the cake was this couple that came in. They told me that a beagle had been hit and was lying dead on the side of the road. Well, both of my officers were busy with rather urgent calls when the people came in and told us. Okay. A little while later, the man came back and told me, "Well, since you negelected to do anything about the dead dog, we put it in a bag, and put it on your front porch." (What do you say to that? I said, "Oh.") Then, on his way out, he looked scornfully at my trustees (which I have talked about in previous posts), and asked, "So, have you learned your lesson yet?" Wow. I was so appalled, I just sat there with my mouth gathering flies. The man left. Can you believe that? I don't know what I was more shocked at--the dead dog on my porch or his attitude so vocally against my trustees. But you know what? How sad it is that obviously that man had enough anger in him to try and spread his bitterness around. That man couldn't possibly be a happy man with that much bitterness spilling out. So, I reckon he needs my prayers. Have you ever been that angry all (or most) of the time to where nothing but yucky stuff spills out? I know I have. And it still happens to me sometimes. It's not a happy place to be at all. Joy and bitterness don't co-exist very well together. So, as mean as that man was to my trustees (who did nothing but gape at him), he really is to be pitied. And I know from hard experience, that God always levels the playground. Every time I have dared to become arrogant, God has pruned me.

Wow--I'm getting deep, aren't I? It was a very strange day. But that was my lesson today.

Comments:
The song I remember best from the David Crowder Band, (other than I'll Fly Away) has these words in the chorus

You are my joy
You are my joy
You are my joy
You are my JOY

If we let Him be our joy, the bitterness will go away..

poor puppy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?