Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Is it a full moon?

Wow. What a day. It really wasn't too bad until this evening. I'm quite certain that a body snatching has occurred, and someone stole my 3 precious angels and left me 3 something elses. Oh. My. Gosh. Everyone seems to be out of sorts today.

And oh! Poor John. He keeps his hair nice and short, and he generally cuts it himself with the clippers (and has me double check for mistakes, and help with the back). Well, I was sitting at my computer chatting with my sister when I hear him holler. Apparently, he was cutting along with a #2 guard when the guard fell out and he cut a nice GOUGE out of his hair! So, naturally he couldn't leave it like that, and had to shave his entire head! Wow. Madeline (who is always very concerned with appearances) asked him, "Daddy? What did you do with your hair???" It made me remember back to a time when she was 3, and John shaved off his mustache and goatee. LOL--Madeline just stood there and stared a long time before asking, "Are you my daddy?" I was the convulsing shadow behind the door, hands covering my mouth so none of those renegade giggles could escape, tears rolling down my face.

Do any of you remember when you were in high school or college, and you thought if I ever make it out of here, I won't ever have to do homework again? Maybe none of you did, but I actually looked forward to that aspect of grownup life. I WAS CHEATED. No one told me that when you grow up and have kids, you're responsible for their homework too! Daniel is writing a paper about Johannes Kepler. Do any of you know who he is? I don't believe I have ever heard of the man before in my life (and I'm quite sure I could have survived nicely NOT knowing the man). Apparently he was some kind of mathematician from the 1600's. I'm not sure what benefit it is to have Daniel learn this, but we don't tell him that. Have to support the teacher, you know . . .

I finally saw "Walk The Line". The musical sequences were VERY good. Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon did very well singing like Johnny and June Carter Cash. However, like it mostly happens, the movie did absolutely NO justice to the book. If you're ever looking for an interesting autobiography, read Johnny Cash's. He led a very interesting life! Rough, but interesting.

Anyway, it's almost turn-into-a-pumpkin time . . . good night! : )

Comments:
I NEVER had help with my homework! I don't understand why I had to help my kids either!

**Of course I would have never LET anyone help me.
 
Hello from Paducah,KY. I have been lurking a couple of days and thought I would let you know that you made my favorites list, despite the fact that you exercise. I have been encouraged nevertheless and would love to start exercising in some way with my kiddos, but right now the thought of doing that is better than the reality. Nice to meet you!
 
Oh yeah, part of my decision to homeschool had to do with never seeing my kids and having to do school part two when it was "my turn" to have them.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?