Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Good Stuff!

I know I'm passing on a lot of stuff, but when it really speaks to me, I can't help it.

He Has The Words
by Tom Norvell

Lord, a family from our church buried their son last week.
I want to comfort them.
I want to tell them I care.
I want to help them get through this time of suffering and pain.
I want to, but I don't have the words.

Lord, a member of our congregation has been called up for active duty.
He has shipped out to another land to represent our nation in a possible war.
I want to ask for protection.
I want to say something to his family that will reassure them that he will be safe.
I want to, but I don't know what to say.

Lord, I just found out that another couple from our church has decided to give up on their marriage.
They have filed for a divorce.
I am shocked.
I am stunned.
They both are hurting and I want to help them.
I want to say something that will fix their marriage.
I want to say something to make the hurt go away.
I want to, but I don't know what to say.

Lord, I know a guy who has been struggling to stay sober, but he told me last week that he blew it again.
He's angry.
He's disappointed.
He's afraid he is headed for trouble, again.
I want to fix his problem.
I want to tell him he'll be okay.
I want to say something that will give him strength--make it one more day.
I want to, but I don't know what to say.

Lord, I met a lady who has just found out that her husband has been having an affair, and that he wants out of their marriage.
She is devastated.
She is broken.
He is indifferent and doesn't want to talk.
I want to comfort her.
I want to promise her that all will be well in a little while.
I want to, but I can't.

Lord, there are a lot of people who are hurting.
There are families in pain and misery.
I want to say something to make it all better.
I want to, but I can't.
I don't know what to say.
So I sit here praying for these parents who lost their son, the family of the soldier and the soldier, the couple getting a divorce, the man with the addiction, the lady with the broken heart. But even as I pray I don't know the words to say.
My soul is aching.
My heart is hurting.
I don't have the words.

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.
We do not know what we ought to pray for, but theSpirit himself intercedes for us with groans thatwords cannot express.
And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. (Romans 8:16-17, NIV)

He has the words...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?